All things Demi Lovato, just not her social security number.


Monday, October 7, 2013

BEST DAY EVER: Demi is going on tour


It's been way too long since Demi has been on tour in the United States. Ask me if I'm super excited because YES I'M SUPER EXCITED. Goodbye X Factor (for now), hello Neon Lights Tour. Beginning in Vancouver on February 9th, the tour will go to a number of cities in the United States, ending on March 30th in Indianapolis.


Tickets went on sale Saturday, October 5. Did I wake up early to buy tickets? Of course.  Demi's tour is going to be at Nassau Coliseum (the same place I went for The X Factor) on March 11. This is 5 minutes from my house! What are the chances that her tour is stopping on Long Island. My sister is at college in New Haven and the day she saw that Demi was going on tour, she immediately called me. I knew about the tour because Demi had tweeted about it the night before it came out in the media, but we were both still excited.

I received 3 text messages the morning the tour was announced. The first came from my mom, who sent me a picture from Newsday, our newspaper, that was announcing Demi's tour. The second came from my best friend who is at school in Albany because she saw it on the E! News website. She's not even a big fan of Demi, but she continues to send me anything she finds about her. The final text came from my roommate, who was too lazy to move from her room in the apartment to mine, to tell me the news. Clearly once everyone sees anything about Demi, I am the first person they contact.

The tour is named Neon Lights because it is the name of her next single from her latest album, Demi. On Monday, September 30th, she was on the Ryan Seacrest radio show. She talked about the tour and her excitement for it. Demi decided to name the tour Neon Lights because "It fits; it's like a party tour. When I see that title, I think big party." I couldn't agree more. When I saw the promo for her tour, before I bought tickets, I was super pumped for the concert. Check out the video for the tour below.



This tour is a special one because of the other groups that will be joining Demi. She will be joined by opening acts Fifth Harmony (who competed on last season's X Factor with Demi judging), and Little Mix, a group from the U.K.'s X Factor. Cher Lloyd will also be joining the tour because she has a song together with Demi. While talking about the tour, Demi said, "It's girl empowerment. I helped put together Fifth Harmony, and a year later they're on the charts, so I'm really happy for them. It's surreal. Everyone is a power vocalist, they can all sing, so I love the idea of the show." This all-girl tour is definitely something worth checking out! Before leaving Ryan Seacrest she said, "There's nothing better than woman empowerment and having an all-girl tour. What's ironic is we are all from The X Factor, and that wasn't even planned, it just kind of happened that way."

To show her excitement for the tour, Demi dyed her hair blue! She tweeted a picture and captioned it "Like Neon Hair," playing on her lyrics from her Neon Lights song. I am not sure who is thrilled more for this tour, Demi or me. March 11th is a Tuesday and I will most likely have soccer because it will be our spring season. Do we think my coach will be okay with me missing practice for the concert? Probably not. But will I go anyway? YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment