All things Demi Lovato, just not her social security number.


Friday, October 18, 2013

A Pleasant Surprise

It is weird to think about how making one decision, on a random morning, can have such an impact on the entire day.

Tuesday, May 14th, 2013: It was a pretty crappy day. I just moved out of my dorm at school on the 10th because I finished my finals. Happy to be done with school, I was ready for summer. The weather didn't feel the same because it was rainy and pretty chilly. I was bored and my sister was still in school, so I asked my mom to go to the mall with me. My mom loves to shop, so my initial decision to go to the mall was to shop for summer clothes and bathing suits. I had to wait for her to come home from work, but obviously she said yes.

I live in Nassau County, Long Island, so the mall of choice is always the Roosevelt Field Mall. The mall is pretty big, it is the second-largest shopping mall in New York. We were walking around the lower level of the mall when I heard loud noises that sounded like a large group of teenage girls. My mom and I were walking in the direction of the loud noises when we saw a huge line right outside Dick's Sporting Goods. There is a large open space where the mall holds different activities throughout the year. During Christmas time, there is always a picture-with-Santa station set up with Christmas decorations. On Monday the 13th, this wide open space was closed off with barriers, mall security, and cops. I was curious as to why there was all this commotion, so I asked a woman and her daughter who were standing on line.

Now this is where my stalking skills were not up to par. I was very disappointed in myself to not know that all these people were lined up to meet……..DEMI. You can imagine my thought process right now. I freaked out. My mom is a Demi fan too, (I mean how could she not be a fan after living with me). We asked the woman how to get on line and what time Demi was coming out. I was interested to know why she was coming to the mall on this random Tuesday night. I googled the event and I found out that she was coming to the mall to promote her new Demi album that was released on May 10th. The deal was: The first 300 fans to purchase Demi's new album at the F.Y.E. store in the mall would receive a wristband. In order to get on line, you needed to be wearing this wristband.

It was around 5:00 and Demi was supposed to come out at 6:00. I ran to F.Y.E. and asked if there were anymore wristbands. Unfortunately, I was too late. Wristbands went on sale a few days earlier. I'm putting full blame on finals week. If I was not studying so hard for my finals, I totally would have known about Demi going to the mall. Anyway, I decided that I didn't care that I wouldn't be able to meet her and that just standing outside the barriers would be good enough. Me and my mom ate at the food court in the mall and then found somewhere to stand.

6:00: Everyone in the mall must have thought the place was being attacked. These Demi fans are crazy! They were all screaming so loud when she walked by the crowd and sat at her table ready to sign autographs. Okay I'll admit I may have been one of those crazy fans. I asked my mom if it was acceptable to get kicked out of the mall. She looked at me funny because she didn't know what I meant. So I asked, "Can I jump over the barrier and hope none of the cops see me? Would you care if we get kicked out of the mall?" Now I was kidding around when I was saying this, but deep down I probably would have attempted it if my mom was not there.

I took some pictures with my phone, so they are of bad quality, but they are posted below. In case it is hard to tell, Demi is the little blonde sitting at the table. While my stalking skills may have failed me this time, I am now always aware of where Demi is. Next time she decides to come to the mall by me, I will be the first one on line.




No comments:

Post a Comment