All things Demi Lovato, just not her social security number.


Monday, September 9, 2013

No, I Am Not 12 Years Old

Is it weird to be 20 years old and have an obsession with a famous person? 

Most people would probably say yes, (and then secretly think of their own figure of obsession). It doesn't phase me because all 6 of my roommates think I am weird for other reasons anyway. They all embrace my obsession and think it is funny. Probably not until college did I become more captivated with Demi Lovato, because my friends forced it upon me. Any time they see something about her, they immediately show me. Just last week my mom sent me a picture of an article she ripped out of the newspaper that was about Demi. Not expecting the picture to be about that, I laughed when I realized what she had sent me. I then showed my roommates, who all laughed as well. One of my roommates bought me a huge Demi Lovato poster, which is now hanging in our room. Maybe they are becoming just as interested in her life as I am.

I can see why it would be weird to know so much about someone who doesn't even know me. Celebrities, professional athletes, movie stars; all of these people are idolized by millions of people just because they are famous. Demi Lovato is a singer, actress, songwriter, and musician. I have all her albums and have seen all the movies and television shows she has been in. The first time I realized I liked her music was when I was going for a run with my friend and she put the song "Don't Forget" on her iPod. The song is slow and definitely not a pump up, running song, but I liked it. After that, I just started listening to more of her stuff and reading about her. 

Do I wanna meet Demi? I guess that would be pretty cool, but I wouldn't know what to say to her. I just like to look up what she does with her life because it would be cool to have the talent she does. She gets to travel the world and do what she loves. That is something I would like to do. If I was able to get paid to play soccer all day and do nothing else, I would love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment