All things Demi Lovato, just not her social security number.


Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jess is Obsessed with Demi, So I am Obsessed with Demi

Have you ever met someone who has an obsession with a star?  Not just someone who claims to love a celebrity, but in reality knows nothing about them.  I'm talking a full blown out infatuation with someone.  Where posters of this person cover the walls of their bedroom and they stay up until midnight to get the first copy of their new CD.  Someone who stalks them around the mall and grabs her arm so fiercely at the X-Factor that there was no doubt skin left under her nails.  And when their idol has their sweet sixteen at Applebee's, they have their sweet sixteen at Applebee's.  Yeah, this is how crazy my roommate it.  Jess has an obsession with Demi Lovato.  I know what you're all thinking, Who?  Exactly what I thought when she revealed to me freshman year that she has a girl crush on Demi Lovato.  I have never met someone who has loved a celebrity as much as Jess loves Demi.  Demi is a singer, songwriter, and actress, and most people don't know this but she made her name as  a star in Barney way back when.  Most fans, and even non fans, of Demi Lovato know about her somewhat "dark" past, but Jess goes deeper.  If you asked her she would tell you that Demi has an estranged father, and that her step sister plays Eva Longoria's daughter on Desperate Housewives.  And I know for a fact that if Jess saw her walking down the street, she would stalk her as well for just being related to Demi.  Now, Jess loves to talk, and I would put a lot of money on the fact that Demi consumes about 75% of her conversations. Jess constantly sends us pictures and texts to constantly keep us updated with Demi's life. Demi just came out with a new nail polish line, and Jess went out and bought it the next day.  Yes, you read that right, nail polish.  How could her nail polish be any different than the generic one?  This is how far she takes her obsession with Demi.  I have never met anyone before with the obsession that Jess has with Demi.

It's been a long road, but I have recently found myself liking Demi Lovato as well.  Will I ever admit this to Jess' face, no.  Absolutely not!  Jess' love for Demi has rubbed me the right way and I find myself caring about when her new single is coming out, or the fact that she is playing a lesbian in the new show Glee.  I prayed this would never happen, but living with someone who has an obsession like this, and talks about a celebrity so much, it was bound to happen.  Demi, you owe Jess a huge thank you for all the new fans she has converted into Demi lovers, me being one.

























-Guest post by Ally White

No comments:

Post a Comment